We make finding the perfect rental match simple, fast, and stress-free.
Remember those middle school dances where boys and girls stand awkwardly on opposite sides of the gym? That’s the way renters and landlords used to be. Finding each other involved an abundance of wasted time, frustration and stress.
Then, in 2009, Rick Gersten started Urban Igloo. A veteran commercial real estate tenant representative and developer, he wanted to bring commercial market professionalism and service to apartment renters. Urban Igloo was created not just as a place to post and find rental listings, but a source of true local rental market knowledge, expertise, and connections.
Think of us as Match.com for landlords and renters—only powered by real people, in your backyard. Our website enables us to attract huge numbers of renters and landlords, but it’s our local agents who get these two groups together.
- Founded in 2009 in Washington DC, where we now help over 65,000 renters each year
- Expanded to Philadelphia in 2011
- Top neighborhoods: Rittenhouse Square, Washington Square West, Art Museum/Fairmount, Logan Circle, Northern Liberties, Fishtown
- Backed by the venture firm Freedom Capitol, LLC
- Located in Center City at 2015 Walnut Street
The Urban Igloo Manifesto
We love the word “manifesto.” It’s ridiculously fun to say and rhymes with other great words like “fiasco,” “Tabasco®,” and “San Luis Obispo.” But more importantly, we believe a short declaration of our opinions and objectives can help you decide if we’re the right bunch to help you find your future home.
So here, in 6 bullets and less than 120 words, is the Urban Igloo Manifesto:
- Finding an apartment should be a fun and exciting adventure.
- Finding the right apartment takes local knowledge, connections, and hard work.
- We are committed to making Philadelphia apartment hunting easier, faster, and more successful for renters and landlords.
- We will use our intimate knowledge of Philly to make sure renters find the neighborhood best suited to their unique needs and lifestyle.
- We will keep our service free for renters and only charge landlords a cost-effective fee when one of our rental clients signs a lease.
- Our local professionals are committed to making Urban Igloo the first place Philadelphia renters and landlords turn for reliable, efficient, and easy apartment rental results.
Want to be an Urban Igloo leasing agent?
We're located in the heart of center city:
2015 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Want to work at Philly's hottest real estate company?
"Went above and beyond to make the rental process as smooth as possible"
Lee B. and Ariel K.